Mental disorders are a major cause for morbidity, mortality and impaired quality of life in Europe. Biomedical and health research provides important knowledge to better understand mental disorders and helps improving diagnosis, therapy, and rehabilitation procedures. The 'Network of European Funding for Neuroscience Research' (NEURON) aims at coordinating such research efforts and funding programmes across European countries. Under the umbrella of NEURON, 16 funding organisations from 15 countries aligned their efforts to launch a Joint Transnational Call for Research Proposals on the topic of mental disorders.
Find out more…
▪ Call text: The call text describes the aims of call and formal application procedures
▪ Implementation of the call: The call’s time line, procedures and supporting funding organisations in detail
▪ Evaluators: 59 international experts supported the NEURON proposal selection process
▪ Projects under negotiation: Twelve transnational consortia work on mental disorders
▪ Call statistics: Success rates, country of origin and gender aspects