Find out more about NEURON in the following articles:
- The Editorial "Neurological burden and European invest: a disconnect" was published by The Lancet Neurology, February 2021, Volume 20, PDF 533 kb).
- The Editorial “Adolescent mental health: reasons to be cheerful” adressed the NEURON May 2017 symposium on mental health (The Lancet Psychiatry, July 2017, Volume 4, article in English, PDF 135 kb).
- How to reinforce interaction between scientists, clinicians and society in the field of brain research. Article in Open Science, June 2016, 116 KB.
- The Editorial “ERA-NET NEURON: a network with emergent properties” explains and illustrates the aims and achievements of the NEURON network (The Lancet Neurology, March 2016, Volume 15 , Issue 3 , 231, article in English, PDF 114 kb).
- Ground-breaking research from NEURON ERANET: ‘New Visions for Partial Blindness’
- Make ends meet: celebrating 10 years of funding organizations co-operation. This article reports on the September 2013 NEURON symposium on Cerebrovascular Disorders and the NEURON 10 years anniversary. (GLOBAL SCIENTIA, 5, 2014, p. 18-22, article in English, PDF 950 kb).
- Within the EUROPEAN MONTH OF THE BRAIN in May 2013 NEURON organised a symposium on ‘NEURODEVELOPMENT AND RELATED DISORDERS’. In the recent Global Scientia issue the conference is summarized on pages 28-31. (GLOBAL SCIENTIA, 4, 2013, article in English, PDF 896 kb).
- Final Symposium: In this article the recent symposium on development and advancement in methods and technologies and other NEURON key activities are reported. The symposium gathered a number of researchers funded by the ERA-NET and provided an excellent view on the technological progresses in the field of disease-related neurosciences. (GLOBAL SCIENTIA, 3, 2013, p. 16-19, article in English, PDF 480 kb).
- The ERA-NET NEURON performed a monitoring study (PDF 239 kb) to explore the position of young scientists in the 2009 ERA-Net NEURON joint transnational call “Technology Development”. Based on the study, no indication of a bias toward older researchers was observed. This indicates the transnational funding scheme from ERA-NET NEURON is a relevant source of funding for young researchers at the early stages of their careers.
- NEW SPIRITS – the ERA-NET NEURON moves on. An Interview with PD Dr. M. Dorlöchter and an article "NEURON – advanced Origami of Joint Transnational Calls", by PD Dr. Hella Lichtenberg, Dr. Petra Lüers and PD Dr. M. Dorlöchter (GLOBAL SCIENTIA, Issue 2, 2012, p. 82-85, article in English, PDF 2,64 MB)
- "NEURON - Ein Netzwerk für die Neurowissenschaft" by the FWF representative, Dr. Herbert Mayer (CliniCum 03/2007, p.18, article in German)
- "NEURON: Ein Netzwerk europäischer Forschungsförderer" by the NEURON coordinator, PD Dr. M. Dorlöchter and PD Dr. Hella Lichtenberg (Neuroforum, 04/2007, p. 137-139, article in German)
- NEURON – a network of European funding organizations by the NEURON coordinator, PD Dr. M. Dorlöchter and PD Dr. Hella Lichtenberg (Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2005 March; 1(1): 87–88, article in English)
The December 2007 publication of "ERA-NET - Networking of national research programmes in the European Research Area - Series V" featuring 20 new ERA-NET projects selected for funding as a result of the fifth and final cut-off date under the Sixth Research Framework Programme (FP6).
The European Commission, Research Directorate General has published a commentory in Nature Medicine (2006) including remarks on NEURON.
Funded October 2003 - December 2004 by the European Commission, the pilot Specific Support Action (SSA) NEURON prepared the grounds for linking European national research funding programmes in the field of disease-related neuroscience. A publication by the European Commission Directorate-General for Research: Coordination of Research Activities (Series I of ERA-NET - Networking the European Research Area). The full brochure can be found at: http://www.cordis.lu/coordination/era-net.htm