Call for Proposals for "European Research Projects on Neuroinflammation"
Neuroinflammation has been identified as an important factor in many pathologies of the nervous system like neurodegenerative diseases, chronic pain or autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (MS). These diseases impose a heavy burden on society and are a major cause for morbidity, mortality and impaired quality of life of afflicted patients. Therefore, the 'Network of European Funding for Neuroscience Research' (NEURON) aims to coordinate research efforts and funding programmes across European countries to promote biomedical research that will improve our understanding of such diseases. NEURON particularly wishes to encourage multidisciplinary approaches and translational research proposals combining basic and clinical research that will ultimately help to develop new strategies for diagnosis, therapy, and rehabilitation. With this aim, 19 funding organisations from 17 countries launched a Joint Transnational Call for Research Proposals ‘Neuroinflammation’.
Find out more…
▪ Call text: The call text describes the aims of call and formal application procedures
▪ Implementation of the call: The call’s time line, procedures and supporting funding organisations in detail
▪ Evaluators: 48 international experts supported the NEURON proposal selection process
▪ Funded Projects: Ten transnational consortia work on Neuroinflammation
▪ Call statistics: Success rates, country of origin and gender aspects